    Linux computer? (Network is up.)

    --
    Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.

    Marek Williams, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Marek Williams

    Rom Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:59:07 -0700, Marek Williams rambled:

    > I have a new Linux laptop. Naturally, I installed Firefox first thing.
    > I also have Firefox on my Windows 2000 computer, where I have been
    > using it for a couple months. I have a few dozen bookmarks on the
    > Windows version. Is there a way to import them into Firefox on the
    > Linux computer? (Network is up.)

    Have you tried "Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Export" from
    Win2k, and "Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Import" from Linux?
    Or, copy the exported "bookmarks.html" file or the "bookmarks.html"
    file located in your Win2k profile to Linux, then either import via
    Firefox or copy to your profile.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jun 11, 2005

  3. On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:47:45 +1000, Rom <> dijo:

    >On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:59:07 -0700, Marek Williams rambled:
    >
    >> I have a new Linux laptop. Naturally, I installed Firefox first thing.
    >> I also have Firefox on my Windows 2000 computer, where I have been
    >> using it for a couple months. I have a few dozen bookmarks on the
    >> Windows version. Is there a way to import them into Firefox on the
    >> Linux computer? (Network is up.)

    >Have you tried "Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Export" from
    >Win2k, and "Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Import" from Linux?
    >Or, copy the exported "bookmarks.html" file or the "bookmarks.html"
    >file located in your Win2k profile to Linux, then either import via
    >Firefox or copy to your profile.

    That did it. Thanks!

    --
    Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.

    Marek Williams, Jun 11, 2005