    Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    CRILL, Apr 23, 2006

  2. CRILL

    Miller Guest

    *CRILL* wrote on 23.04.06 17:10:
    If you want some help to set it up: tell us some details.
    If you just want to moan about FF: do it in an InternetExplorer newsgroup.

    Miller, Apr 23, 2006

  3. CRILL

    iamu Guest

    Yeah is there anyway to stop the tribal fusion stuff and casamedia pop ups?
    I think this is probably the only pop ups that get through on my browser.

    iamu, Apr 23, 2006
  4. CRILL

    Miller Guest

    Maybe adblock+ will help: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm

    Miller, Apr 23, 2006
  5. CRILL

    gwtc Guest

    I don't know about tribal fusion, but for casamedia it has something
    to do with roaming cookies.

    gwtc, Apr 23, 2006
  6. CRILL

    iamu Guest

    I have tried adblock and that doesn't cure this problem. Those tricky
    little devils.

    iamu, Apr 23, 2006
  7. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    What details? Version 1.5.0.x now installs with settings previously
    recommended to suppress ads. I'm accustomed to popups, but not to a
    browser that jams when it encounters one. When this first happened, I
    thought the program or the computer had crashed, but now realize Firefox
    will work its way free and respond again if given enough time.
    Meanwhile, you're left with the world's slowest browser. Considering
    how ubiquitous a.tribalfusion.com ads are on the web, you would think
    that a real-world browser would know how to deal with them without
    stopping dead in its tracks.

    Right, like that logic works. Should everyone that's unimpressed with
    IE start posting here about their dissatisfaction?

    CRILL, Apr 23, 2006
  8. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    I was using Adblock with Firefox, and it didn't help with
    a.tribalfusion.com popups.

    CRILL, Apr 23, 2006
  9. CRILL

    John Guest

    Not sure what the reason for your complaint is . . . . . .
    I've used FF for years (now use the latest version) without problems.
    My OS is Windows XP SP2; with a 3-year old custom built computer (based on an
    ASUS CUV4X-C MB and a 800 megahertz Intel Pentium III processor.
    I keep my machine free from malware using Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster
    and Grisoft AVG-Free.

    So, whatever your problem is, it would appear it is NOT Firefox.

    I suggest you give your computer a really good check for other problems.

    (TIP: I found that when I have unexplained serious problems - which is not very
    often - formatting my hard drive, re-installing my OS and other programs, has
    always resolved such problems. From my experience, most problems are with
    individual computers [or their operators], not with software which millions of
    other users run with little or no problem.)

    Good luck!

    John <><

    John, Apr 23, 2006
  10. CRILL

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Try a HOSTS file.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Apr 24, 2006
  11. CRILL

    Nobody Guest

    Well, as a SeaMonkey aficianado, all I can ask is "what the hell are
    <tribal fusion> and <casamedia>?

    And this guy roams far and wide in nasty places on the 'Net!

    Nobody, Apr 24, 2006
  12. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    I keep a pretty clean machine by regularly using Ad-Aware, SpyCatcher,
    and ClamWin AV. If it is a system or computer problem, I would expect
    it to also affect my other browsers (for instance, Mozilla 1.7 runs
    perfectly). It seems that tribalfusion really has Firefox's number.

    CRILL, Apr 24, 2006
  13. CRILL

    John Guest

    Who or what is tribalfusion?

    I googled the word - it came up with a bunch of sites, none of which attracted
    me to the point that I wanted to click on them.

    What does it do for you?

    Please enlighten me - Thanks!

    John <><

    John, Apr 24, 2006
  14. CRILL

    Vinnie Guest

    Same here -- no pop-ups, delays, whatever using FF-1.5.0.2 on linux
    Fine here, seems like the problem is at Crill's end.

    Vinnie, Apr 24, 2006
  15. CRILL

    elaich Guest

    No, tribalfusion has YOUR number, and it's probably because you have
    malware on your computer. The problem has nothing to do with Firefox. I
    haven't even seen tribalfusion for years now.

    Unfortunately, some of these infections are beyond the abilities of
    freeware security software to correct. Your only solution may be to save
    all your data and reformat/reinstall.

    elaich, Apr 24, 2006
  16. CRILL

    MM Guest

    What the heck use would it be to complain in an IE group? Do you
    complain about your Ford at a GM dealership?

    Fact is, since the past few upgrades FF has become *UNUSABLE* what
    with the slowdowns and the freeze-ups. Yes, the entire PC hangs,
    requiring reset to be pressed. CPU usage is up around 88% just before
    that happens, and Process Explorer points directly at FF as the CPU
    hogger. Bloody useless, FF is now. I'm going to be looking elsewhere
    if there isn't a fix pretty darned soon. What the dickens is the
    browser DOING when it's hogging the CPU like that? The pages I have
    loaded are just passive web pages. Nothing downloading, nothing
    happening, yet the CPU is running faster than George W. Bush is from
    reality.

    MM

    MM, Apr 24, 2006
  17. CRILL

    Canopus Guest

    I don't seem to have problems encountering Tribalfusion pop ups, but, you
    may be interested in this:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Q_21196011.html

    Canopus, Apr 24, 2006
  18. CRILL

    Canopus Guest

    More good info on Tribalfusion, the site from hell and how to stop and get
    rid of all sort of entries it adds:
    http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=81813

    Canopus, Apr 24, 2006
  19. CRILL

    Arne Guest

    Using SeaMonkey? :)
    I have never notice any problem with those mentioned popups, or any
    others, and I don't see them either ;)

    Arne, Apr 24, 2006
  20. CRILL

    gwtc Guest

    if you don't like it, then ask for your money back.

    gwtc, Apr 24, 2006