    http://www.3dart4u.com
    =====================
    Remove nopam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Uninstalling/reinstalling does not touch the profile, where all your
    data is stored. To get the original bookmarks file back, you can do one
    of three things.

    1) Create a new profile. This will have the default bookmarks.

    2) Replace the current bookmarks.html with the default set. This
    requires that you are able to find your profile folder and your program
    folder. The path to the profile varies by OS.

    The program folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox. Find the
    default\profile subfolder. In there is bookmarks.html. Copy it and
    paste it it into your profile folder. This will overwrite your current
    bookmarks.

    3) Merge the two. Open Firefox, and click Bookmarks>>Manage Bookmarks.
    Click File>>Import, and choose From File. Browse to the location of
    the default bookmarks:

    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\default\profile\bookmarks.html

    Import the default file into your current bookmarks.

    If you have bookmarks that you want to save, 3 is your best option.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 12, 2005

  3. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    When I first used Firefox, I removed the default bookmarks that Firefox
    had.
    Thanx!! Number 3 indeed did the trick!!

    Menno

    TheCroW, Feb 12, 2005