Firefox home page syntax under pclinuxos

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Graeme, Nov 10, 2007.

  1. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    Hello,

    I am running a dual boot system with win xp and pclinuxos. I have firefox
    installed on both partitions. On win xp I have created a home page. The path
    is as follows:

    C:\Documents and Settings\Graeme\Desktop\home.htm

    I have managed to point win xp firefox at this home page but can't seem to
    get the syntax right in pclinuxos firefox. Under pclinuxos my 'c' drive is
    labelled sda2 so I tried the following home path:

    file:///sd2/Documents and Settings/Graeme/Desktop/home.htm

    But this doesn't work.

    Any suggestions as to how to correct the syntax so that my home page can
    also be referenced under pclinusos firefox?

    Thanks,

    Graeme.

    Graeme, Nov 10, 2007

  2. Graeme

    Ralph Fox Guest

    (Just btw, I would presume that what appears in firefox's URL bar
    when you go to your home page, is
    "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Graeme/Desktop/home.htm")

    ^^^^
    sda2 or sd2 ?
    ^^^
    sd2 or sda2?

    Replace the spaces with %20 in URLs ...

    file:///sda2/Documents%20and%20Settings/Graeme/Desktop/home.htm

    Ralph Fox, Nov 11, 2007