    Fr Jack
    96 Tiger.
    FRJACKUKRM AT GMAIL DOT COM

    Fr Jack, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Fr Jack

    Bram Guest

    type about:config in your address bar and change the value of
    browser.fixup.alternate.suffix to co.uk
    Hth,

    Bram

    Bram, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Fr Jack

    Basil Guest

    Bram vertelde me op 13/12/2004 12:44:
    Cool. Fun to learn all these little useful things by following this
    newsgroup.

    Basil

    Basil, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Ta very much.

    However, after making that alteration - and - closing FF, I tried with
    "aria" (a UK computer parts retailer), which takes me to:
    http://www.aria.com.au/
    rather than
    http://www.aria.co.uk

    Any ideas, or is this a bug, perhaps?
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack

    Fr Jack, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Fr Jack

    Bob Guest

    Works OK here and I have bookmarked the site for future use as well :)
    Thanks.

    Bob, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Hmm...

    Re checked the entry, flushed cache and history, shut FF, re started,
    tried again.....

    Still going to bloody australia! Argh!
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack

    Fr Jack, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Fr Jack

    Bob Guest

    Hey it's warmish there now isn't it? Can I join you :)

    Bob, Dec 13, 2004
  8. Fr Jack

    Posco Guest

    Have you got an Australian proxy server specified. Using Switch Proxy, I
    get varying results depending where in the world I am supposed to be. If
    I don't use a proxy, I get the uk site.

    Posco

    Posco, Dec 13, 2004
  9. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    No proxy.
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack

    Fr Jack, Dec 14, 2004
  10. Fr Jack

    Bram Guest

    Bram, Dec 14, 2004
  11. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Despite many checks, cache and history flushes, and a complete re boot
    (to see if it would help), the problem still persists. Arse!
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack

    Fr Jack, Dec 15, 2004