Firefox Deer Park Unix: turning off drag&drop? (paper sheet icon)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by ted, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. ted

    ted Guest

    Hi,

    I'm running Firefox Deer Park on FreeBSD. I'm running neither gnome nor KDE,
    just the enlightenment window manager, and I have the PrefBar extension
    installed.

    I've got a pretty slow machine, and often when I get ahead of Firefox, or
    just fumble finger the mouse, I get the icon of a sheet of paper which
    follows the mouse and more or less freezes things up until I can get it
    to go away. I gather this is some sort of drag & drop facility, something
    for which I have absolutely no use. Is there some way to disable this?
    I've looked in preferences and "about:config" without seeing anything which
    looks promising...

    Thanks!

    Ted

    ted, Feb 2, 2006