    useful "Profiler" command. So I upgraded to 31. Different look, slow,
    I didn't like it. Downgrade, please. The only other version was *11*.
    All the old bugs are back. Help?

    Hactar, Aug 20, 2014

  2. Hactar

    Wildman Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:35:49 -0400
    Here is a deb for version 28.

    http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-14.04/ubuntu-main-amd64/firefox_28.0+build2-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb.html

    Wildman, Aug 20, 2014

  3. Hactar

    Hactar Guest

    Thanks. Alas, that's for a different distro, Ubuntu 14.04.

    Bah:

    See Also

    firefox from all distributions
    firefox_31.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1_i386.deb from Ubuntu Updates Main repository
    firefox_31.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1_amd64.deb from Ubuntu Updates Main repository
    firefox_11.0+build1-0ubuntu4_i386.deb from Ubuntu Main repository
    firefox_11.0+build1-0ubuntu4_amd64.deb from Ubuntu Main repository

    11 and 31 are all they have for 12.04.

    Hactar, Aug 20, 2014
  4. Hactar

    HASM Guest

    Get the "Classic Look Restorer" add/on, customize it, and it will look like
    its old self. Haven't noticed any major slow downs.

    -- HASM

    HASM, Aug 20, 2014
  5. Hactar

    Wildman Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 23:46:21 -0400
    There is a good chance that the package for 14.04 will
    work. Uninstall the Firefox you have and then open the
    14.04 .deb with GDebi. If you don't get any warnings
    or errors, give it a try. If it don't work right, open
    the .deb again with GDebi and uninstall.

    Maybe a better option would be to install it from the
    tarball. BTW this does not contain source code. It is
    the binaries and other files that are part of firefox.
    To download the tarball, go here:

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

    Click on the version you want. Next click your architecture.
    Then click your language and download the .tar.bz2 file.
    Extract the file to a dedicated folder of you choice. Set
    permissions on the file 'firefox' to executable. Run it.

    Wildman, Aug 20, 2014
  6. Hactar

    Hactar Guest

    Excellent, thank you. Having the package structure correct is nice and
    all, but usability beats it hands down. Question: are versions xxb1,
    xxb2 etc beta-releases of version xx, or later modifications a, b, c?

    Hactar, Aug 20, 2014