Firefox comments and questions?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Noozer, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    Hey all!

    Is this *the* newsgroup for discussing Firefox concerns, bugs and feature
    requests?

    What I need to know is (Firefox 0.8 on WinXP):

    - How do I tell Firefox *NOT* to use Quicktime for MPG files? (or how do I
    select what app for what filetype?) Options->Downloads only has "MPEG" and
    it's already set for MediaPlayer, which is what I want, yet MPG files open
    in Quicktime.

    - Any way to swap SHIFT-CLICK and SHIFT-CTRL-CLICK? I prefer opening in tabs
    to opening in new windows, but I'm in th habit of SHIFT click.

    - When I try to save a bookmark, it never seems to save. For example, I just
    chose to add a bookmark and in the group dropdown it shows some groups, but
    not all - and there's no scrollbar... For example, there is no "Imported IE
    Favorites" group.

    - Any chance for VBScript to be properly supported?

    - Where are the configuration files kept? Are these user editable for
    settings that do not appear in the Options window?

    Thx!

    Noozer, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Noozer

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Tell Quicktime to quit stealing the file association--change the setting
    in the Quicktime control panel.
    I don't know. Do you have a scroll-mouse? Click the scroll-wheel to
    open a link in a tab. That's even easier than using the keyboard and mouse.
    I really don't understand what you are having problems with here. No,
    there isn't a scrollbar in Mozilla's bookmarks--don't believe there ever
    has been one either--it uses arrows. Did you pay attention to the drop
    down box that says "Create in..." when you added the bookmark? Did you
    import the "IE Favorites"?
    In WindowsXP, look in %appdata%\Firefox -- You didn't say specifically
    what it is you're looking for.

    BTW, if you are using WindowsXP, you haven't installed the latest
    Critical Updates...

    .BRIAN., Apr 20, 2004

  3. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    Thanks for the reply...

    Thought the same thing, but MPG files open in Windows MediaPlayer EVERYWHERE
    else. Only Firefox insists on using QTime for these files.

    mouse.

    Ooo.. Didn't know that!!! Doesn't work with my MX700 though (middle button
    is set to "middle button" in software) Drat!
    The Create In... list shows just a few folders and there's no logic (that I
    have noticed) that determines which folders that list shows. I did import
    the IE Favourites, and they are listed in the bookmarks, but why aren't they
    listed in the Create In... list?
    That's the only thing stopping us from using this browser widespread at the
    office. (700+ employees). I don't know the mechanics of how it works, but
    aren't there common DLLs that FireFox could access (at least in the Windows
    version) for VBScript support?
    What should I be seeing? I wait at least a week or two before new updates
    come out. Don't want the Win2K3 server SSL broken, nor a busted firewall,
    etc...

    Noozer, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Noozer

    .BRIAN. Guest

    The OE critical update should put your version to 1409.

    Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409

    .BRIAN., Apr 21, 2004