  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    I've lost the lot. anythoughts on how to get em back ?

    Nick, Aug 14, 2004

  2. Nick

    theseus Guest

    search for bookmarks.html
    Mine lives in
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/defaults/profile/bookmarks.html

    theseus, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Nick

    TEX Guest

    Did your machine crash while mozilla was open??? I have come across this
    problem when the system crashes. Same applicable to the history.dat file.

    I would first do a search for bookmarks.html on the whole computer and
    make a copy of them all and put in the new folder. Then check the
    FOUND.000 or what ever folders to find the files that chkdsk/scandisk
    repairs for you. If the bookmarks have dissapeared because of a windows
    crash, you will find at least some of the remains of you crosslinked
    bookmarks file in the recoverd files folder.
    You should be able to open the correct file in a txt editor and atleast
    extract some of the bookmarks.

    That is the only down fall of mozilla is the fact that the program loads
    a large section of it's bookmarks in memory. Can get slow if you have a
    large bookmark file. Least it doesn't crash like IE. I normally just
    setup computer to backup the bookmark.html and history.dat files every
    few days.

    TEX

    TEX, Aug 14, 2004
  4. you don't say which OS but for XP

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
    \Profiles\default.psr\bookmarks.html

    wogers nemesis, Aug 14, 2004
  5. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Thanks guys. Big help. found the html file and copied and psted my
    important links to bookmarks again. cheers

    Nick, Aug 14, 2004