    just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
    It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.

    Thin cue very much.

    Jive Dadson, May 29, 2005

  2. Jive Dadson

    Guest Guest

    Kant hep ya...it works okay here.

    Guest, May 29, 2005

  3. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    Works fine here as well.

    What do you mean wont load? Do you get an error message? And if so what
    does it say?
    Do you see anything in the status bar (bottom of the window)?
    What happens when you click on http://www.ebay.com ?
    Please be specific and note any details (such as status bar messages)
    when doing so.

    Moz Champion, May 29, 2005
  4. Jive Dadson

    Colyn Guest

    I have no problem loading ebay with firefox. I was just there earlier
    checking up on my auction..

    I have found most problems related to page loading with firefox is
    because the user did not have sun java installed..

    Colyn, May 29, 2005
  5. Jive Dadson

    Z Guest

    I'm running into 3 or 4 pages a week that just refuse to load - they
    either show a complete blank screen or cause an error and Firefox needs
    to shut down. Of course, you lose _all_ your tabs when that happens.

    This goes on for a couple of hours and the failure mode is repeatable.
    Then, inexplicably, all is fine and the page will load. There are no
    reboots in between, no log outs, no cache or cookie flushing, it just
    starts working again. (This is FF 1.0.4 on XP Pro)

    During the time that FF is unable to load them, they load fine in IE.

    It seems to be an intermittent FF bug or some sort and it needs to be
    fixed, but it'll be very hard to pin down.

    Z, May 29, 2005
  6. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    The behavior: The red X lights up and the page goes blank. The
    progress bar at the bottom goes to about 3/4, and then nothing else
    happens. Firefox is alive, and if I click the red X, it aborts the
    attempt as it should.

    Jive Dadson, May 29, 2005
  7. Jive Dadson

    Lil' Abner Guest

    I have 2000 Pro as a virtual machine. Just loaded it up and installed
    Firefox (1.0.4) and was able to go to eBay, view items, feedback, etc.
    No problems.
    All I can suggest is uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

    Lil' Abner, May 30, 2005
  8. No problems here with FF-1.0.4 on either Win2k or linux.

    John Thompson, May 31, 2005
  9. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    Jive Dadson, May 31, 2005
  10. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    Same behaviour as what?
    Please dont edit posts or snip them, doing so reduces the liklihood that
    you will receive helpful answers.

    The problem may be familiar to you (it is after all, YOUR problem <g>)
    but it isnt familiar to others. You may have the time to re-read each
    and every message in a thread to find out what the problem is, or whats
    been asked, but others dont. I dont have the time available to me to
    re-read the thousand posts made in this newgroup in the last week that
    refer to ongoing problems.

    I did have some time on my hands, that I was willing to donate to assist
    with your problem, but since I had to re-read each and every message in
    the thread (because of editing), I now no longer have the time do I?

    Jive Dadson, May 31, 2005
  12. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    Unable to get Firefox 1.0.4 to fail on the two above pages
    Try in safe mode to remove any extensions from the mix
    Both use javascript, is that enabled?

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005
  13. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    I don't know what that means. Sorry. Can you explain a little?
    Yep.

    Jive Dadson, Jun 1, 2005
  14. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005
  15. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    Jive Dadson, Jun 1, 2005
  16. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    This just in! I noticed that at the bottom it says, "transferring
    data from include.ebaystatic.com." When I open www.ebay.com with
    (shudder) IE, it says, "opening www.ebay.com". (And it works.) Now
    then, when I peek at the page source for www.ebay.com, one of the
    first things I see is what I presume is the request to load a Java
    script from, guess where!

    It must the a Java Script problem. So what do I do now? Download
    and re-install JavaScript, I would guess. (If that's the answer,
    where can I obtain a safe copy?) The question still remains,
    though. Why can IE do it and Firefox not? Hmmm.

    Jive Dadson, Jun 1, 2005
  17. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    .... and more news. Under Firefox, I can go to java.com and it tells
    me, "You've got the latest," and shows an animation.

    Jive Dadson, Jun 1, 2005
  18. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    again, you snipped responses, so I have no clue what you are talking
    about now
    Remember, it isnt my problem, so I have to have the other messages in
    the thread to remind me.

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005
  19. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    Javascript is built in to the browser, do you have it enabled?

    [Firefox-->Preferences]*-->Web Features
    X Enable Javascript

    *varies with OS
    Windows
    Tools-->Options
    Linux
    Edit-->Preferences

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005
  20. Jive Dadson

    Moz Champion Guest

    Java is NOT Javascript!

    Java is Java, a program that requires a seperate program (called Java)
    to run applets on your computer.

    Javascript, is a scripting utility for the browser itself
    Javascript began life as Livescript from Netscape, just as MS promoted
    Active X scripting
    the Netscape entry gained wide acceptance and was later 'released' to
    the public, and re-named Javascript
    All modern browsers support it now

    Java is not Javascript, they are completely different
    You can enable one or both or neither in

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005