Firefox and Adobe Acrobat (not Reader)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by David Roy, May 12, 2005.

  1. David Roy

    David Roy Guest

    Hi all

    A friend of mine is having trouble with PDFs in Firefox. We are both
    using Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard (not the Reader, but the program you
    pay for). It works fine for me. When I click on a PDF link, it
    starts Acrobat and loads the PDF in the browser window. When I try
    and leave the page, it tells me that there is a PDF loaded and leaving
    the page will close Acrobat. No problem.

    My friend, however, has the program crash. We have to CTRL+ALT+DEL
    out of both Acrobat and Mozilla before it starts working normally
    again. I've compared our settings in both Acrobat and Firefox, and
    they both look the same. The plug-in page has Acrobat as the listed
    plug-in for reading PDFs. I can't seem to find what would be causing
    his to crash when mine isn't. We're also using the exact same
    operating system. This also happens when he clicks on a link in an
    email. Changing his default browser back to IE fixes the crash
    problem, which tells me it's something to do with the configuration
    between Acrobat and Firefox.

    I've read about problems with Acrobat Reader and Firefox, but are
    there any known problems with Acrobat and Firefox?

    Dave

    David Roy, May 12, 2005