    Anyone else out there having Firefox freeze when loading a page which
    displays a PDF file? If so, what might be the fix?

    TIA

    dancertm, Aug 31, 2005

  2. dancertm

    Jedi Fans Guest

    the trouble is the plugin that adobe provides [not firefox] hence:
    <url: http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/adobe_reader.asp>

    Jedi Fans, Aug 31, 2005

  3. dancertm

    Tom Betz Guest

    My solution is the PDF Download extension. I've never liked loading PDF
    files in browser plugins, anyway.

    This extension gives you the option (no matter how the PDF file is
    presented to the browser)to download it, load it into the browser
    plugin, or convert it to HTML and load it in the browser.

    See <https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=636&application=firefox>

    Tom Betz, Aug 31, 2005
  4. dancertm

    Tony Raven Guest

    Add to that arspeedup - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4139.html -
    that dumps a whole load of usually unnecessary plugs in so that Acrobat
    starts in a second or so instead of the usual wait.

    Tony Raven, Aug 31, 2005
  5. dancertm

    VO Guest

    No problem unless Adobe wants to do an automatic update then adobe has
    to be closed to allow the update. (Firefox or IE)

    VO, Aug 31, 2005