    D. Guest

    has anyone used FF 3.1 and if so ,
    what do you think of it ?

    D., Mar 18, 2009

  2. D.

    Ken Guest

    Ken, Mar 18, 2009

  3. D.

    D. Guest

    i appreciate the info but what about my question ?
    D.

    D., Mar 18, 2009
  4. D.

    D. Guest

    i'll answer my own question .
    i see NOTHING different from 3.0.7 !
    D.

    D., Mar 18, 2009
  5. D.

    johnn Guest

    Probably a dumb question: Why the jump from 3.0 to 3.5?

    Simplistic me would have thought that after3.0.7 we'd have
    3.0.8 if a minor update,
    3.1.0 or just 3.1 if a relatively major update, or
    4.0.0 or just 4.0 if a major major update.

    What's the thinking?

    _________________________
    John
    _________________________

    "God is dead"
    -- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -- God

    johnn, Mar 18, 2009
  6. D.

    D. Guest

    simplistic INDEED !
    D.

    D., Mar 18, 2009
  7. D.

    Rom Guest

    I have a Fx 3.1b3 portable and can see quite a few UI changes, many I
    don't care about while a couple will save me using one add-on and css.

    A few changes I like are the tab bar always showing /by default/
    instead of auto-hiding; finally has a new tab button on the tab bar
    after the (rightmost) tab; Bookmarks and History sidebar and Downloads
    search boxes are now consistent with the Library search box in having
    a search/clear button; multiple bookmark tagging is now possible in
    the Library.

    Other changes I don't care about are the Location bar now doesn't
    drop-down unless searching bookmarks/history; Tools > Options >
    Privacy, under History can change what the Location bar suggests;
    Clear Private Data has been changed to Clear Recent History and from
    the Tools menu it has options of what/how much to clear; and there's a
    Private Browsing mode on the Tools menu.

    While I still don't like some things and changes in Fx 3.x and (need
    to) use more add-ons and customisations, Fx 3.1b3 doesn't seem to have
    many improvements/changes I'm interested in.

    Rom, Mar 19, 2009
  8. D.

    Rom Guest

    Rom, Mar 19, 2009
  9. D.

    johnn Guest

    ," D.":

    As it was so well expresed in an earlier post in this thread:
    " i appreciate the info but what about my question ?"

    I really wasn't looking for comments.

    _________________________
    John
    _________________________