    cooperate with an e-mail application.

    Thanks

    dj tuchler

    dj tuchler, Aug 16, 2003

  2. dj tuchler

    dj tuchler Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:57:19 -0400, wrote:

    > dj tuchler wrote:
    >> This returns to a matter I had thought I had solved after getting advice
    >> on this newsgroup. I want to get MozillaFirebird to call up my e-mail
    >> application when clicking on an e-mail address while on line. I looked
    >> for an extension but none seems to work. Is this simply not possible
    >> right now? Is there a feature being worked on?
    >>
    >> I think it reduces substantially the utility of a web browser if it
    >> cannot cooperate with an e-mail application.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > I don't know what is different between your install and mine, but when I
    > click on a mailto: link it opens my default mail program.

    How did you set Firebird up for an external mail program?

    Thanks

    dj tuchler

    dj tuchler, Aug 17, 2003

  3. dj tuchler

    dj tuchler Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:38:51 +0000, Graham wrote:

    > Seeing that you use Linux (judging from your use of Pan), you can solve
    > this by getting the extension Mozex: http://mozex.mozdev.org/index.html
    > With this extension, you can get Mozilla Firebird to run different
    > programs on link clicks (mailto, news, ftp, etc).

    I looked for the mozex preferences example and tried it. Nothing. I
    eliminated everything before the name of the email application and entered
    evolution -s %s %a and got the evolution application, but not the message
    editor with the address entered. Something is missing. What?

    dj tuchler

    dj tuchler, Aug 19, 2003
  4. dj tuchler

    dj tuchler Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:42:13 +0000, Graham wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:05:18 +0000, dj tuchler wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:38:51 +0000, Graham wrote:
    >>
    >>> Seeing that you use Linux (judging from your use of Pan), you can solve
    >>> this by getting the extension Mozex: http://mozex.mozdev.org/index.html
    >>> With this extension, you can get Mozilla Firebird to run different
    >>> programs on link clicks (mailto, news, ftp, etc).

    >> I looked for the mozex preferences example and tried it. Nothing. I
    >> eliminated everything before the name of the email application and
    >> entered evolution -s %s %a and got the evolution application, but not
    >> the message editor with the address entered. Something is missing.
    >> What?
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > Once you have installed Mozex, go, in Firebird, to Tools>Options. After
    > the preferences box pops up, go to Extensions, then click on Mozex 1.05
    > (which is my version of Mozex), and then click on the button Settings.
    > Check the box Intercept Mailto: Clicks. Then in the Mailer Commands box,
    > type: "evolution mailto:%A?Subject=%S&Cc=%C&body=%B" (no quotes). Finally,
    > click OK and then OK again. You might have to close and restart Firebird
    > for the changes to take place, but I'm not sure (won't hurt).
    >
    > That should fix your problem. If not... then sorry, I can't help you.
    >

    > Graham

    Thank you for your help.

    dj tuchler

    dj tuchler, Aug 20, 2003