    and was wondering if the fire wall would also protect
    again power surges?

    thanks

    Tina, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Tina

    molsonexpert Guest

    You should have a UPS that's rated high enough to protect all electronic
    equipment connected to it.

    molsonexpert, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Tina

    harryph Guest

    ok no you'll need a lightning rod for that

    harryph, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Only if the fire is burning constantly.

    By the way, it also helps prevent venerial diseases.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 29, 2004
  5. By the way, it also helps prevent venerial diseases.

    What, as in viruses!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 29, 2004
  6. Tina

    Hired Goon Guest

    This can't be real...

    Hired Goon, Apr 29, 2004
  7. This can't be real...

    Really! Tell that to the people who post 'genuine' replies to these
    Trolls!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Tina

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Maybe I'm just an extreme cynic and think America is stupid as a whole, but
    something about this post struck me as authentic and genuine. Of course,
    that doesn't mean I'm going to post a helpful reply, it just means that I
    think the OP should slice up and down.

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 29, 2004
  9. Tina

    JC Guest

    Your new firewall will provide you with protection from
    all natural and man-made disasters... apart from, of
    course, flooding.

    For this you will have to dig a 6' deep trench all around
    your office building.

    Hurry, looks like rain!

    JC, Apr 29, 2004
  10. Tina

    Neil Guest

    cool! I'm gonna put a Pix 535 in my wallet. I'll have a square
    indentation as opposed to the circle...

    Neil, Apr 29, 2004
  11. Tina

    Consultant Guest

    are you for real? you installed it, huh? did you configure it? is it the pix
    535ps model?

    Consultant, Apr 29, 2004
  12. Tina

    Neil Guest

    Fire walls only protect against fire. If a fire is cuased by an electrical
    surge, then you're covered. but if not then you are on your own...

    Neil, Apr 29, 2004
  13. Tina

    Neil Guest

    nice. get 2 with failover like we did. that should protect against fire
    _and_ flood...

    Neil, Apr 29, 2004
  14. Tina

    Jtyc Guest

    I have just installed a fire wall on my company's network
    No.

    Jtyc, Apr 29, 2004
  15. Tina

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Whoever this is, owes me a new monitor, I just spit coffee all over this
    one.

    Kendal Emery, Apr 29, 2004
  16. Maybe I'm just an extreme cynic and think America is stupid as a whole, but
    if this were authentic, then I would have a complete change of mind
    towards my view on outsourceing.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 29, 2004
  17. Tina

    Consultant Guest

    just clean it

    Consultant, Apr 29, 2004
  18. Hurry, looks like rain!

    ....... Said Noah

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 29, 2004
  19. nice. get 2 with failover like we did. that should protect against fire
    .... and eddiepox

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 29, 2004
  20. LOL!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 29, 2004