    any information would be much appreciated, and im sorry if the information
    is a bit scarce ive tried my best

    thank you

    hammer to the heart, Sep 9, 2003

  2. hammer to the heart

    Boomer Guest

    hammer to the heart said:
    Hi
    Have you downloaded the patch MS03-026 from Microsoft?
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

    Here's futher information that may be of help.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.w
    orm.removal.tool.html
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.w
    orm.removal.tool.html

    Boomer, Sep 9, 2003

  3. i did download the patch quite a while ago before the blaster worm became
    about, so i avoided that threat. thanks for your ideas n e more would be
    appreciated

    hammer to the heart, Sep 9, 2003
  4. hammer to the heart

    bb3 Guest

    Microsoft KB search turns up this... http://tinyurl.com/mrsx

    A Description of Svchost.exe in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314056

    Hope one of these helps.

    bb3, Sep 9, 2003