    My stats show its less than 4%

    I since had a look at the logs of a friends server and it shows less than
    2%.

    Alan M, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Mosley Jones III

    Alan M Guest

    We both seem to be with IINet, being one of the biggest ISP's in Australia
    its not such a coincidence is it.

    Alan M, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Yes returning insults.

    some one with some stats, stats that seem to anger you

    I understand , you claimed its ok to fudge the figures, while I claim its
    not.

    you says its ok to count your own hits while I say its not

    Explain the metrics methodology you are talking about? I actual think you
    don't know if or what metrics methodology were used. I think you just splurt
    out what ever sounds good to you

    Thats what my stats show.

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Acorring to who? You? HAHAHAHAHA

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 21, 2006

  5. don't forget that Firefox hits are inflated by its prefech feature, real
    numbers are somewhat lower

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 21, 2006
  6. Stats from a single site are useless in determining total market share.
    There may be issues with your site that discourage Firefox users
    e.g. lack of pertinent content, IE-only "features" that either prevent
    Firefox users from accessing your site or force them to disguise Firefox
    as Internet Explorer (by changing the User-Agent string) in order to
    access your content.

    Here's a more broadly based market-share report:

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0

    John Thompson, Dec 21, 2006
  7. take a look at his email address: Mars and Gov!!!! That should explain
    everything ;-)

    Heavens.To.Murgatroid, Dec 21, 2006
  8. Mosley Jones III

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Perhaps. It remains a strong coincidence that the only supporter for
    his view ALSO collects browser statistics for an unidentified web site,
    has the same level of statistics that are at odds with most other
    statistics collected by reputable information sources, and posts via the
    same path, from an anonymous address (though there are many valid
    reasons for munging your email address on Usenet). You have many of the
    characteristics of a stereotypical sockpuppet.

    I don't consider it an unusual coincidence that you are both from Oz,
    since that was part of the OP's point.

    Andy Luddy, Dec 21, 2006

  9. Can you tell me what web sites these reputable information sources use for
    there stats, and how you know they are reputable?

    Are you sure you are not lying and don't really know what sites are used and
    if they are reputable?

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 24, 2006
  10. Not one site, a collection of sites that we host
    no, we have made all our sites firefox friendly, so in fact we should have
    higher stats because 100%of our sites are firefox friendly, where as the
    internet as a whole is not so. In fact our stats should inflate firefox
    market share

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 24, 2006
  11. look at your email you idiot

    As if the email makes a difference to the stats, you seem to be more
    interested in abuse than the facts

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 24, 2006