  1. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Just received FireFox 1.0.2 update.

    Old Gringo, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Old Gringo

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Old Gringo

    Parko Guest

    Firefox will install the update automatically folks.

    Parko, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Old Gringo

    SgtMinor Guest

    No kidding. How does it do that? It hasn't happened to my version of
    Firefox.

    SgtMinor, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Old Gringo

    Parko Guest

    Tools > Options > Advanced
    Too easy really.

    Parko, Mar 25, 2005
  6. Old Gringo

    SgtMinor Guest

    That's not what you stated. "Automatically," that's the term I wanted
    you to explain.

    If you'll look for a definition of the word "automatic" you'll see
    something like the following: "Self-acting, operating by own mechanism
    when actuated by some impersonal influence, such as change in current
    strength, pressure, temperature or mechanical configuration."

    SgtMinor, Mar 25, 2005
  7. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Thats how I got it. 9.5 second download.

    Old Gringo, Mar 25, 2005
  8. Old Gringo

    Parko Guest

    Oh wow, pedantic or what? Automatically *notified* of the update then.
    Yes, pressing install is required if you're addicted to pointy clicky
    things. I don't see M$ offering a bounty to people who discover bugs in
    IE's code, do I.

    Parko, Mar 25, 2005
  9. Old Gringo

    cu Guest

    Hello..
    Live in UK, someone posted that version 1.0.1 was not 'ready'...? for
    (UK?) users yet, is it? I use win XP_sp2.
    Also, If I download version 1.0.2 will I need to uninstall vesion 1
    before attempting to install version 1.0.2?
    Thanks for any helpful advice,
    Allen

    cu, Mar 25, 2005
  10. Old Gringo

    elaich Guest

    Yes. The Firefox installer itself won't prompt you to do so, except the
    generic "please close all Windows programs."

    Apparently it will install over 1.01 but you'll start building a pyramid of
    Firefox installs in your "add/remove programs" dialog, and uninstalling any
    one of them will uninstall Firefox completely. It's best to start from a
    clean slate.

    This is a critical upgrade of legacy Gecko code that dates back to
    Netscape/Mozilla.

    elaich, Mar 25, 2005
  11. Old Gringo

    DC Guest

    D'oh. Thanks for reminding me -- I've got .9x, 1.0PR, 1.0 and 1.0.1
    still installed in their own folders. I should probably delete a few of
    them. }:O)

    DC, Mar 26, 2005
  12. Old Gringo

    JD Guest

    I let FireFox install my update automatically and it left a 1.01entry
    in "add/remove Programs".
    An easy way to get it out is with jv16 PowerTools. Use Registry Tool
    "Installed Software"

    JD, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Cool Thanks

    Old Gringo, Mar 26, 2005
  14. Old Gringo

    JD Guest

    Your welcome.
    JD

    JD, Mar 26, 2005
  15. from: www.theeldergeek.com

    Method II: This method involves editing the registry. Make sure to
    have a verified registry backup before editing the registry. Help with
    backing up the registry is available here.

    *

    Select Start > Run
    *

    In the Open: line type regedit and press Enter.
    *

    Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    *

    The Add/Remove Programs list is built from the keys listed
    beneath the Uninstall folder.
    *

    Locate the key for the program that has been uninstalled, right
    click the key and click Delete.

    Clicking the keys in the left pane and looking at the information
    provided in the right pane can help in identifying the associated
    programs. Err on the side of caution in this operation. Once the key
    has been deleted it's impossible to use Add/Remove Programs to
    uninstall if you make an incorrect selection.

    Graham P. Filderson, Mar 26, 2005