Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books)

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Mac, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Mac

    Mac Guest

    Hello,

    I have finished 3 courses 70-315,70-316 and 70-320. We studied those
    courses based on MSPress Self Paced Books.

    As I know those books are not enough for taking exams I have prepared a
    list of books and I am going to spend next 2-3 months on them.

    As my budget is very limited (My current salary is $400, yes, salaries
    are very low here in my country) I will appereciate if you can tell me
    your opinion about these books before I buy them.

    I just want to make sure I will succedd in exams in first try because I
    will need to take them in another country and I will need to minimize
    travel and exam costs.

    Again I appereciate your help and opinions.

    Best Regards,
    Mac

    Training Guides:

    MCAD/MCSD 70-316 Training Guide (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789728230&itm=7
    $39.99
    -
    MCAD 70-315 Training Guide (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789728222&itm=2
    $49.99
    -
    MCAD/MCSD training Guide (70-320) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&pwb=1&ean=9780789728241
    $49.99

    -----
    CRAM:

    MCAD Developing and Implementing Web Applications Visual C#.NET and
    Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 70-315) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789729016&itm=10
    $23.99
    -
    MCAD Developing and Implementing Windows-Based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual C#.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Exam Cram2
    (Exam Cram 70-316) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&pwb=1&ean=9780789729026
    $29.99
    -
    MCAD Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Visual C#
    ..NET and the .NET Framework Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 70-320) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789728974&itm=3
    $29.99
    ---
    Exam:

    MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .Net Certification All-in-One Exam Guide: Exams
    70-315, 70-316, 70-320
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0072224436&itm=1
    $69.99

    Total: $293.93

    Mac, Dec 14, 2003

  2. i have only done 70-316 so far, and i used the self paced book, official
    microsoft curriculum 2555a, and the msdn help collection. I passed first
    try. 255a toched a number of subjects that the self paced book does not, so
    they complement each other.

    to know if you are read try a self assessment test at microsoft.com, and use
    MSDN to give you more information.

    70-316

    kind regards,
    Bruno.

    Bruno van Dooren, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Mac

    Eric Guest

    As my budget is very limited (My current salary is $400, yes, salaries
    Can you get your employer to buy some books?

    Eric, Dec 15, 2003
  4. Mac

    Mac Guest

    No Eric,

    They even do not help with course fees . Manager has specifically
    blocked everything related to certificates etc.

    Mac, Dec 17, 2003