    Scottie Guest

    Is there an easy way to look at your old posts that I have placed here? I
    am downloading 300 threads at a time trying to find the one I want.

    Scottie, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Scottie

    Tech Guy Guest

    What are you using as your newsgroup reader ?
    If you use Outlook there should be an icon on the toolbar > find !

    Tech Guy, Sep 4, 2004

  3. http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/oe.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 4, 2004
  4. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Thanks, Tech Guy. It's easy when you know how.
    ----

    Scottie, Sep 4, 2004
  5. Scottie

    Stickems Guest

    View/Current View/Show replies to my messages

    Stickems, Sep 4, 2004
  6. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Thanks to you too Stickems. Would any of you know how to get the spelling
    checker to check my emails before I send them? The spelling checker works
    fine if I use Word.

    Scottie, Sep 4, 2004
  7. Scottie

    Tech Guy Guest

    To enable Outlook to check spelling :-

    Tools > Options > Spelling > Always check spelling before spelling

    Tech Guy, Sep 4, 2004
  8. Scottie

    Tech Guy Guest

    Tech Guy, Sep 4, 2004
  9. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    I've checked that Tech Guy and the boxes are ticked,but I still get the
    message "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked" or "the
    spell check on this document was halted. Do you still want to send it"
    -----

    Scottie, Sep 4, 2004
  10. Scottie

    Tech Guy Guest

    Hi Scottie .. sounds like the spellchecker is corrupt.

    To resolve this issue, install or reinstall a program that includes a 32-bit
    spelling checker, such as Microsoft Works 4.5, Microsoft Office 7.0 for
    Windows 95 or Microsoft Office 97 programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
    and Microsoft PowerPoint or later versions.

    Tech Guy, Sep 4, 2004
  11. Scottie

    KnowBody Guest

    Probably not what you want, but could you just search an Usenet archive?
    Dunno if there's any decent ones besides Google.

    KnowBody, Sep 4, 2004
  12. Scottie

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Scottie wrote:
    |>> Is there an easy way to look at your old posts that I have placed here? I
    |>> am downloading 300 threads at a time trying to find the one I want.
    |>
    |>Probably not what you want, but could you just search an Usenet archive?
    |>Dunno if there's any decent ones besides Google.

    Only Google. Used to be http://www.dejanews.com/ until Google bought
    them out.

    Pennywise, Sep 4, 2004
  13. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Tech Guy, I use Microsoft Office Pro, and the spell checker works fine, it
    checks the documents and corrects the spelling and grammar. The same
    Microsoft Office checked the spelling before sending my email with my old
    computer but I was using Windowes 98se. I only got this computer on
    Thursday, I bought XP and the shop installed it while building the computer
    it for me. I have been having a bit of trouble with installing several
    programs as well as my scanner and camera. So much for XP, or should I be
    looking at something bits not being installed on my computer? Should I
    reinstall Microsoft Office again? I dont want to corrupt it.

    Scottie, Sep 4, 2004
  14. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    I have reinstalled Word but the spell checker still does not work? I think
    it has somthing to do with the Kerio Firewall.

    Scottie, Sep 4, 2004