finding tape media for Hitachi 8mm Video Camera/Recorder. Model NoVM-E565LA?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by s, May 13, 2010.

  1. s

    s Guest

    I need to find replacement tapes for the camera/recorder. It uses a
    Sony 120MIN 8MM STANDARD TAPE whose model number is P6-120MPL which
    Sony does not have.

    The closest one they have is
    https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/e...earchOperation=partSearch&searchText=P6120MPR
    But, Sony people are not sure if that tape would work with our camera.
    I tried calling Hitachi, but the hold time is too long.

    More information on camera/recorder is at http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hitachi-VME565LA
    and the manual is at
    http://www.retrevo.com/d/df/Vme465l...09b4f&ts=1273761129578&rk=0.34917073331922543

    1. I guess any 8mm STANDARD TAPE should work with the Hitachi camera/
    recorder and the one at
    https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/e...earchOperation=partSearch&searchText=P6120MPR
    is something i should buy. Am I understanding correctly or missing
    something?

    2. Sony is selling the tapes at 8.74 . Can we get a lower price
    somewhere else? How likely are local electronic stores like Staples,
    Best Buy, Office Max to carry it.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    s, May 13, 2010

  2. s

    OldGringo38 Guest

    8mm went out with 8 track.

    OldGringo38, May 13, 2010

  3. s

    thanatoid Guest

    oups.com:
    Without getting into it deeply, any 8mm tape should work with
    any 8mm vidcam. That's what standards are. If you are still not
    sure, get one and see if it works. Then get more or find another
    source or see 2 last sentences.
    It's an obsolete format, so I doubt it VERY much. I'm amazed you
    can get any tape at all.
    Consider switching to a current format. You will be pleasantly
    surprised by the quality of the image as well as compatibility
    with current equipment and cheap raw stock.

    thanatoid, May 13, 2010
  4. s

    doS Guest

  5. s

    Meat Plow Guest

    Any 8mm tape will work. You may not find a 120 minute tape but you can
    record in EP on a 90 minute tape and that would give you around 120
    minutes unless your camera is digital or HI-8 only.

    Meat Plow, May 14, 2010