  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    How do I find old post so I can look up lost info

    Rich, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Rich

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    I can't find the thread I am looking for.
    so, I will ask you the quesion again,as you are the one who answered
    it the first time.
    I just ran my reg cleaner, and now I can't use the help feature in
    windows XP.
    I save all the files I deleted and can see which file I need to
    replace,but do not know the steps. Will you please tell me how to fix
    the problem, and then tell me how I can avoid it in the future.

    TIA
    Rich

    Rich, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Rich

    °Mike° Guest

    What registry cleaner did you use?

    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Easy Cleaner 1.7f by toniArts

    Rich, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Rich

    °Mike° Guest

    Go to the backups folder in the EasyCleaner directory,
    and double click on the .reg file for the date that you
    cleaned the registry. That will put the registry entries
    back in place. Now you need to read the FAQ and
    add help to the skip list BEFORE you use it in XP.
    http://www.toniarts.com/faq.htm

    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2003
  7. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Thanks for your help (again)

    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Rich

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Rich

    Brian Guest

    If you are looking for a registry cleaner, I am using CleanMyPC
    Registry Cleaner now and it works great for me. I also tried jv16
    tools in the past but the UI of the jv tools is ugly. Another one I
    tried is Registry Medic and it is also good.

    CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner
    http://www.registry-cleaner.net

    Registry Medic
    http://www.iomatic.com/