    type and copies them to a specified location.

    I'd appreciate any help or a point to the right material to read.
    Thanks!

    daniel.michael.eaton, Aug 2, 2007

  2. daniel.michael.eaton

    dadiOH Guest

    1. Windows find for *.type-you-want

    2. After it finds them, click in the display window, then Ctrl + A to
    select all then drag where you want them.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 2, 2007

  3. daniel.michael.eaton

    why? Guest

    Most likely some of the utilities mentioned before in 24HSHD,

    Batchfile sites, learn how to use xcopy.

    xxcopy

    robocopy , both in a thread Jul 20th with comments on performance of
    robocopy fast and free, good things said about xxcopy.

    Me

    why?, Aug 2, 2007
  4. Sorry, I sent this direct when I meant to post.

    in a command window:

    C:\> dir *.ext /ON /S /B > c:\yourtargetdirectory\foo.txt

    for example:

    C:\> dir *.doc /ON /S /B > c:\"Documents and Settings"\yourdir\foo.txt

    This will cycle through all of the subdirectories of root (C:\), which
    is pretty much everything, and will put all of the filenames and paths
    for files named *.doc in a text file in yourdir. If you direct the
    output to a subdirectory that doesn't have embedded spaces in the
    name, just remove the double quotes.

    --Mark

    smallwoodster, Aug 2, 2007