Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) - New Credit Refund / Expiry Rules - Input, Pr

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) seem to have
    introduced a new credit refunding / expiry policy.

    Namely - expired credit will be restored on next top-up (in addition to the
    previous policy of being retained if buying additional credit before expiry
    of existing credit) and remaining credit (as I read both pre and post
    expiry) will be refunded directly to a specified bank account.

    The important or interesting bit is how the latter is achieved. As it seems
    nigh on impossible to contact this organisation (either directly to the firm
    / branded variant in question or directly to / with the parent organisation)
    how the credit refunding might be achieved. Anyone with insight, input,
    knowledge, experience of this or ideas concerning this would be most greatly
    appreciated if they can post concerning this.

    In short, it sounds as though it should be possible to achieve something
    like the previous arrangements where the credit does not expire (or can be
    used in a less restrictive or regimented format - i.e. without such a strict
    time frame limit). I.e. top-up £10 use say £2 over 120 days, have the
    remaining £8 recredited by direct banks transfer (IBAN / BACS, etc.) and
    then re-credit another £10 effectively requiring only the previously used £2
    to be new funds.

    Hope this makes sense, is useful, etc. Ultimately I hope / it is hoped that
    this post / thread and issue / etc. will result in a defined and successful
    process for the refunding of remaining credit (expired or otherwise) such
    that a more potentially "fair" or economic use of this / these / their
    service(s) can be made.

    I look forward to and appreciate any and all input.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Aug 22, 2006

  2. It might also be worth checking if there is an administration fee for
    such refunds.
    Easymobile have a £5.00 administration charge for refunds, and it seems
    that some people with less than £5.00 in their account when they closed
    it have been charged the £5.00, even if a refund had not been requested,
    so if they were £1.00 in credit at close, the £5.00 fee made them £4.00
    overdrawn, and Easymobile then wanted the £4.00.

    Harry Stottle, Aug 22, 2006

  3. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Sounds a lot like easy Group company policy / business approach!

    Lolo.

    Best wishes and thanks for your input,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Aug 23, 2006
  4. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    * BUMP *

    News Reader, Aug 24, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh News Reader:
    Pointless on Newsgroups.

    Also when people bump threads the person bumping will be ignored as it
    is annoying as it adds nothing to the thread.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 26, 2006
  6. News Reader

    aris Guest

    I have noticed on my voipdiscount account that my 'expired' credit is
    still there - but what it say is "Your Freedays are over. If you want
    new Free Days, buy new credit". I'm assuming then that I still have my
    credit, but am unable to make free calls. Sounds fair to me.

    Aris

    aris, Aug 28, 2006
  7. News Reader

    DMac Guest

    I have noticed on my voipdiscount account that my 'expired' credit is
    You can make calls but at the going rate. So you just use up your euros.
    Think it is only relevant to accounts where you have only recently lost
    your credit
    I have a internet calls account which had a few quid left in it but my
    balance is showing £0.00
    Not sure if it is worth risking 10E to see if I can "recover" £3

    DMac, Aug 28, 2006