    I'll check back and let you all know how things work out with my new
    toys. Kind of an early Christmas this year! Will be opening a lot of
    packages in the next week or so.

    salgud, Oct 2, 2005

  2. salgud

    salgud Guest

    Things change fast! I ordered all that stuff Sat evening. In Sunday's
    paper, which I've been checking every week for over a month, I found
    the Canon A520 on sale for $200! And a Sandisk 512M card for $25, after
    $15 rebate at Circuit City. So I went out Sunday evening and bought
    them both. Monday morning I called Newegg and B&H photo to cancel the
    orders. Both were totally pleasant and said no problem. B&H had already
    sent the reader and the card, so I have to get a return number from
    them Thursday and send the 256M card (which I was paying $35 for with
    shipping) back when they arrive.
    Been playing with my Canon A520 since Sunday night. Have taken pics of
    everything in my house! My dog is wanting to charge me modeling fees!
    Love the camera! Still on the steep side of the learning curve, but
    enjoying learning. Digital photography is very different that film
    photography. Histograms are great tools. It's great having all the
    control that I have with digital, like adjustable white balance. Fun
    stuff! I'm bitten by the bug again, after about 20 years away from
    photography. This group is stuck with me now...

    salgud, Oct 4, 2005