final choice: olympus 750/hp 850/canon G3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cinico, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. cinico

    cinico Guest

    Hello everybody,

    i need your help to chose a digital camera..

    the options are:

    OLYMPUS 750
    HP 850
    CANON G3

    what i am looking for is:

    SUPERB QUALITY PICTURE (colors and details) - I am coming from a canon S20
    and i am not happy with it (very very poor colors). I spend far too long on
    photoshop to adjust my pics and cannot have a decent result anyway.

    DECENT ZOOM

    SOME MANUAL CONTROLS

    What would you suggest among mentioned cameras?

    Here in Italy prices for the HP and the Olympus are similar. The G3 costs a
    bit more but, if it is worth it, i could pay more to get what will give me
    the best results for what i need.

    Thank you very much for your help

    Ric

    cinico, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Canon G3 would be the best choice from all points of view.

    Andrey Slabkiy, Apr 15, 2004

  3. cinico

    Ron Hunter Guest

    From that list, the G3.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 15, 2004
  4. G3 without a doubt.

    The G3 is no longer being sold in the U.S., aside from some old stock and
    some refurbished ones. The G5 has replaced it, at the same price. Even the
    closeouts of the G3 (new ones) are about the same as the G5.

    Steven M. Scharf, Apr 15, 2004
  5. cinico

    Steve B Guest

    Steve B, Apr 15, 2004