    Ordering a panny dmc-tz1 which has no threads for adding an
    adapter/filter. Does another scheme exist
    for using a filter with a non-threaded camera..like a slip-on ring?

    maaestro, Apr 8, 2006

  2. maaestro

    Jem Raid Guest

    Most of the filter manufacturers used to make slip on filters. Hoya and Lee
    Filters are two companies that spring to mind, I think Lee make a sort of
    universal holder that takes the same size filter. Try the names into Google.

    Jem

    Jem Raid, Apr 8, 2006

  3. maaestro

    m Ransley Guest

    Cokin has a magnetic ring or a bracket that attaches to the tripod
    thread, it can hold maybe 3 or 4 filters at once.

    m Ransley, Apr 8, 2006
  4. maaestro

    Hunt Guest

    Kenko makes/made a 3"x3" spring-loaded holder that will take a Kodak gel
    frame, or a 3"x3" acetate, or glass filter. I use these for mounting gels to
    the rear of my 4x5 optics and they work well, but have not bought one in many
    years.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Apr 9, 2006
  5. maaestro

    Bill Mutch Guest

    Tiffen.com used to make these in many different sizes, but stopped
    production when threaded filters became standard. Older camera shops
    may still have some in stock.

    Bill Mutch, Apr 10, 2006