    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    CONSIDER: ===========---------,,,,,,,,,............. . . . . .
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

    Mark Adams, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Can you post the particulars of how you have set up this filter?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Mark Adams

    Mark Adams Guest

    Tools -> Message Filters -> Bozos -> Edit:

    Sender contains <bozo's_name>@<bozo's_domain>
    Sender contains <Bozo's name as it appears in the "from" field>

    Move to Folder Bozo's on Local Folder <--NOTE: this option is now
    greyed out.

    <check> Delete the Message
    ================================

    I'd post log entries if I could find them on the disc.

    Any help?

    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    CONSIDER: ===========---------,,,,,,,,,............. . . . . .
    Fortune's real live weird band names #776:

    Whorgasm

    Mark Adams, Feb 28, 2005
  4. I'm not an expert on filters in newsgroups, I've used them extensively
    in mail, but not for newsgroups.

    However, I'll guess that you are trying to use actions that are
    available for mail messages, but but not for news. Did you perchance,
    set the filter up for a mail account, then move it to a news account?

    Regardless, remember that news messages are stored on the server, many
    email options won't work.

    From here, action options for newsgroups are:

    Label the message (with various options)

    Change the priority to (with options)

    Mark the message as read

    Flag the message

    Delete the message

    Ignore thread

    Watch thread

    Most folks use Delete message to make it go away.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Mark Adams

    Mark Adams Guest

    I am aware of that.
    I may have fixed it. I unsubscribed from the newsgroup, resubscribed
    and created the filter before downloading headers again.

    It's working again. We'll see if it sticks this time.

    Thanks.
    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    CONSIDER: ===========---------,,,,,,,,,............. . . . . .
    "It's Choi."
    "Yeah. Yeah. You're two hours late."
    "I know, it's her fault."

    -- Choi and Neo, "The Matrix"

    Mark Adams, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Mark Adams

    Splibbilla Guest

    some hindsight wondering...
    maybe some condition of the failed filter changed? such as renamed destination folder?

    though this is puzzling:
    Mark Adams :

    Splibbilla, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Mark Adams

    Mark Adams Guest

    Nope, everything on this end is the same and the user I'm filtering
    didn't change anything that I can see.
    No kidding, it is a puzzler.
    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    Oh, I get it!! "The BEACH goes on", huh, SONNY??

    Mark Adams, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Keep us posted, good luck!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005