Filling out forms using only the keyboard in firefox.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bioret, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. Bioret

    Bioret Guest

    Ok, so when I fill out forms in firefox I go and fill in the first text
    box, then I press tab, next textbox, I fill it out. Then I press tab and
    here comes a combobox, no problem you just type in the first letter of the
    needed info and it comes up.

    Tab and then: The radio buttons & checkboxes. how can i check/uncheck
    these without having to pick up my hands for the mouse?

    there has to be a way.

    And while I'm on the topic: Lets say I'm searching for something in a page,
    so I Ctrl-F and type what I need in. I do Alt-N and I get the next result.
    All's well and good until I want to get rid of the search bar. Instead of
    picking up the mouse, is there a keyboard shortcut that will get rid of the
    bar with out having to click the red X?

    thanks.

    Bioret, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Space?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 2, 2007

  3. Bioret

    Pennywise Guest

    Space bar
    Escape key, also instead of alt-n you can use F3 for repeat searches -
    just easier to slam :)

    Pennywise, Aug 2, 2007