    warning?

    Thanks for your time and attention

    Archer

    Ardent, Jan 9, 2007

  2. Ardent

    chuckie® Guest

    Possibly all you have to do is run the 'Align Cartridge' program, or
    something of that ilk...luck...

    chuckie®, Jan 9, 2007

  3. Ardent

    Vanguard Guest

    The printer remembers the serial number of the cartridge. When you put
    it back, it is still the same serial number. One trick is to cycle
    through 3 cartridges because apparently the printer won't remember more
    than 3 serial number changes. There is another trick of taping over
    some of the contacts on the cartridge, inserting, removing the tape,
    reinserting, and doing again a 3rd time (basically you use one cartridge
    so it looks to have 3 different serial numbers). Googling would turn up
    how to cycle through serial numbers so the printer eventually accepts as
    new your old cartridge.

    You got them filled up. What does that mean? That YOU filled them? Or
    that you took them to a store to get filled up? If a store, usually you
    give them your cartridge and they give you a different one back that has
    already been refilled. That way, you'll get a cartridge with a
    different serial number. If you got back your old cartridge, you'll
    have to figure out how to cycle through serial numbers.

    Vanguard, Jan 9, 2007
  4. Just ignore the 'warning' it is really meaningless as it does not
    represent the amount of ink in the cartridge and is based upon an
    estimate based upon 'drops'. As others have said, you can mask
    certain contacts between machine and cartridge or cycle through three
    cartridges but that all seems to me more trouble than it is worth.

    Edward W. Thompson, Jan 9, 2007
  5. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    Thanks for the information. I was wondering whether the printer would
    stop printing once the indicator showed empty, though the cartridge
    was full of re-filled ink.
    Yes, I agree with you.

    Thanks to others who also found time to respond to me.

    Archer

    Ardent, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Ardent

    suzonka

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I also tried this with Indian ink and its just to thick so what I wanted to try next is thinning it out with water it seems water works best to thin it out.

    suzonka, Mar 21, 2019