    but some files are still opening as read-only. I have to then edit the
    properties for each of these read-only files to add my username as full
    access.

    Jason, Nov 20, 2010

  2. Jason

    Jason Guest

    i've just realised about the apply to subcontainers and objects so i did
    take ownership again selecting this. now the files have me as the owner
    but still does not list me as full control.

    Jason, Nov 20, 2010

  3. Changing the ownership doesn't change the permissions. Just gives you the
    rights to do that. :)

    So, take ownership. Exit out of Explorer. And then open explorer again and
    now change the permissions.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Nov 23, 2010