    to locate a solution that works. Does anybody have ideas, or are we out of
    luck?

    Thanks very much for any info you can offer!!

    Blueheron, Dec 31, 2003

  2. quoted from http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    Q: How can I share files between workgroup computer and domain/workgroup
    computer?
    I have a home wireless network and share files and a printer between two
    computers. I also use Win 2000/XP laptop at work with domain network. How
    can I share files between these computers at home?

    A: Deepening on your network setup, you may 1) Logon local laptop using the
    same logon id and password on both machine.
    2) change workgroup name to match win2000 domain and the laptop needs to
    install at home first ad then join the domain .
    3) without changing the workgroup name and logon ID, just enable guest
    account in win 2000/XP.
    4) If you are running XP, enable Simple File Sharing.
    5) logon domain user on the domain laptop (even the workgroup is different),
    use command net use \\workgroupcomputer /user:administrator, (here
    administrator is workgroup computer local administrator), the enter
    workgroup computer administrator password. You should be able to access the
    workgroup resources.

    --
    For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
    Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

    Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L [MS-MVP], Dec 31, 2003

  3. Blueheron

    Blueheron Guest

    Thanks so much for all this information! I will try these! Happy New Year!

    Blueheron, Dec 31, 2003