File Sharing or lack of it..

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Crazyoyster, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Crazyoyster

    Crazyoyster Guest

    I have a network with a desktop & Laptop. When I go into my network places I
    can see my shared files on both units. I can move/delete/copy from my desk
    top to laptop no problems. When I go into My Networking places on laptop I
    can see the folders, but when I click on them I get a message saying "You may
    not have admin rights to access thease files and not enough storeage space to
    continue.

    I have tried everthing I know to resolve this problem. Both units are
    running XP home, desk top is hard wired to router, laptop is wireless.
    Desktop has 2 * 80gig hard drive split into 4*40gig drives. Laptop has I
    80gig split into 2*40 gig.

    I have read somewhere that the problem may be that my xp was reinstalled
    after the files I need to acess was created. IE on split drive.

    Without moving such files and then reinstall windows (Pain) then returning
    them back I cannot think of another way to do this.

    Any Ideas as this is driving me mad.

    Crazyoyster, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Crazyoyster

    Chris H. Guest

    This sounds more like a question you should be posting to the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup. Make sure to include
    whether you're running XP Pro or Home Edition on the systems, and have
    Simple File Sharing enabled. This newsgroup is for support of Microsoft's
    Broadband Networking products - hardware and software - not networking
    issues in general.

    Chris H., Nov 15, 2006