    Path Not Found". Pinging the notebook brings no results.

    From the laptop, I can see the desktop, but cannot access - error message
    "Access is denied". I can successfully ping the desktop.

    Any suggestions?

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 16, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I resolved one issue - I can "see" folders on the notebook from the desktop.
    That was accomplished by adjusting firewall settings on the notebook.

    I did not read anything in those articles about the 2nd problem: When
    trying to connect from the notebook to the desktop, I get an "Access Denied"
    error message.

    Any hints on this?

    Guest, Jun 19, 2006
  4. If you have the same name and password for an account on the machine you are
    at as the machine you are trying to reach over the network, the machine the
    other end will query who you are and your machine will supply your local
    logon details to the other machine to try to get on. If your username is,
    for example, "Jack" on both machines but the password is different on both,
    that is why you will get access denied. The easiest thing to do is have the
    same username and password on each machine, have each machine turned on and
    logged on to that username/password on each machine.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 19, 2006