File data - Date Accessed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MiniEmma, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. MiniEmma

    MiniEmma Guest

    Hi all,

    I was just trying to help my dad out coz he let someone use his pc to write
    a letter and he wanted to know if they had accessed any of his documents,
    he's on ME so i told him to open My Docs and go View>Details then click the
    top of the 'Accessed' column and see what the most recent date was. Sure
    enough today's date showed up on some of his documents.

    So, i told him to open Word and Excel and see what was in his recently
    opened section of the File menu and they weren't there. BUT, when he goes
    Start>Documents, some of the files show there but they are listed
    alphabetically so i wasn't convinced of the relavance.

    So i opened up my docs on my pc (XP) and sure enough a large number of files
    said they had been accessed, not only today but in the last hour, while i
    have been sat here! but, as with dad, they do not show up in word's recently
    opened, and i don't have a documents section on my start menu.

    I was wondering whether i was being hacked - i doubt it - or if it is
    windows randomly accessing files? any ideas?

    Dad has Norton Internet Security and I have Zone Alarm Pro and Norton
    AntiVirus, all up to date.

    MiniEmma, Sep 2, 2003