    has been up currently? Searching the syslog logfiles for events on
    "ATM0" isn't really ideal.

    Kind regards

    Matthias Scheler, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Matthias Scheler

    Bod43 Guest

    There is an SNM MIB that may help you.

    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifLastChange
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.9

    The value of sysUpTime at the time the interface
    entered its current operational state. If the
    current state was entered prior to the last re-
    initialization of the local network management
    subsystem, then this object contains a zero
    value.

    Otherwise use logs.

    Thing is that the dialer is always UP and so you will not see
    ppp restarts but the ATM of course does go down if it loses
    the signal.

    Depends what you want.

    Bod43, Jan 11, 2007