    daytona Guest

    located in windows explorer? In IE you could always find them and delete
    certain ones or even transfer to another computer

    daytona, Nov 7, 2004

  2. daytona

    marty12 Guest

    With no profiles enabled:
    C:\WINDOWS.001\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\iwgh0j3f.default

    With profiles enabled:
    C:\windows\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profilename)\bookmarks.html

    marty12, Nov 7, 2004

  3. daytona

    daytona Guest

    Thanks Marty
    Found them under another area. I am using Windows XP (Home). Nothing under
    the C:\Windows directory..............there are some subs under C:\Documents
    and Applications\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hlv8fisf.default\bookmarks.bak &
    bookmarks.html

    OHH, nothing like IE. SO I would assume they have them in there, but no way
    to actually see the bookmarks like IE. I some times use IE becasue Firefox
    does not always open nor work certin downloads or files. I am seeing that
    the bookmarks in FF or not adding them to IE at the same time. So, I thought
    would them at times

    daytona, Nov 7, 2004
  4. daytona

    Baldur Guest

    Applic
    ations\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hlv8fisf.default\bookmarks.bak &
    That's it.
    Sure there is.
    You can open the file with a browser (or with an html editor if
    you want to manipulate them).
    That's the way Netscape has always stored bookmarks, and, IMHO,
    it's FAR superior to the way IE does it.
    IE uses one file for each bookmark; depending on the way you've
    got your file system set up, that may take up to 32K of
    diskspace for every bookmark.

    In the days of 300GB drives, that probably isn't so important
    any more, but all those tiny little files still take up a lot of
    system resources.

    I some times use IE becasue Firefox
    FF is beta, but even aside from the security issues with IE,
    it's far more modern than IE.
    The latest versions of Netscape are quite good, too; but FF is a
    lot smaller.

    The only reason to keep IE is to go to M$ sites (which simply
    won't let you in with anything else).

    Baldur, Nov 7, 2004
  5. daytona

    MLC Guest

    _Baldur_, domenica 07/nov/2004:
    No, I go to M$ sites with FF without problems.
    I think the only thing you can't do without IE is the automatic update.

    MLC, Nov 8, 2004
  6. daytona

    daytona Guest

    Very True........But I am really getting to like FF

    daytona, Nov 8, 2004