    street yet.
    Ta
    Allan

    Allan, Apr 28, 2015

  2. Allan

    Davey Guest

    Considering that this warning still appears on the BT site:
    "Please note that it can take two weeks after a cabinet goes live to
    appear as accepting orders on our map." I think that to be highly
    unlikely. A great idea, but highly unlikely.

    Davey, Apr 28, 2015

  3. There's nothing official, athough it is possible to compile local map
    data based on research carried out by means of Google Street View, the
    BT Broadband Availability Checker, the Post Office Postcode Finder,
    and a bicycle. That seems to be all there is.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Allan

    Davey Guest

    I think there might be a bit of 'Eye of Newt' and other such stuff in
    there as well. Or maybe the local Astrologer can help.

    Davey, Apr 28, 2015
  5. Allan

    Flop Guest

    However, it is not easy to link a cabinet to an address. For reasons
    best known th BtOR, you may not be connected to the nearest cabinet.
    Especially in high density suburban areas where a cabinet may be
    'reserved' for a particular area and someone living beside a cabinet may
    be connected a kilometre away.

    Flop, Apr 28, 2015
  6. Allan

    Allan Guest

    I thought sneakernet went out with the ark :)

    Allan, Apr 28, 2015
  7. Allan

    Phil W Lee Guest

    The fibre doesn't need to be in your street, unless your cabinet is as
    well.
    My street has no fibre at all, as our cabinet is round the corner and
    quarter of a mile down the next street. But I get "fibre" internet,
    FTTC, VDSL, whatever you choose to call it, at 60Mbit down and 14Mbit
    up.
    I ordered it at a time when nobody else in my street had even that - I
    was the first subscriber on that cabinet, because I'd been watching
    and waiting for it to go live, and ordered it on the first day it was
    actually accepting orders.
    For at least a month afterwards, I was being told by people that I
    couldn't have FTTC, because it wasn't in my street yet - despite the
    fact that I already had it!

    Phil W Lee, Apr 28, 2015