Fiber to building is available in UK from Bhtee

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by 7, Jan 20, 2015.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    Fiber to building is available in UK from Bhtee

    Installing it as we speak.

    So why the *FSCK* does Bhtee drag its *FCKING* heels
    when it comes to installing it for everyone?

    And why the *FSCK* does OFFCOM sit on its ass
    about this issue?

    Why don't they ALL just fsck off and die and make
    the world a better place by allowing any competent
    providers to supply fiber to the building
    as and when needed without any regulatory obligations?

    Until everyone has fiber in their home with minimum
    100mbit up/download speed and possibly 1Gbit if
    the provider can help it.

    The world doesn't care if you can't connect
    and participate citing buffering issues.

    More business for them.

    And they switch to doing business with those
    that don't have buffering issues.

    Doh!!!

    7, Jan 20, 2015

  2. 7

    zaax Guest

    The MD needs the money for his house in the Seychelles

    zaax, Jan 20, 2015

  3. 7

    7 Guest

    Wonderful place to keep money - Seychelles - all the
    Russian Mafia holiday homes are built right along
    the sea side ;)

    7, Jan 20, 2015
  4. 7

    Bob Eager Guest

    Ignore this '7' character. He must be on a school exclusion right now.

    Bob Eager, Jan 20, 2015
  5. 7

    Paul Herber Guest

    There's never a tsunami around when you want one

    Paul Herber, Jan 20, 2015
  6. 7

    7 Guest

    Bob Eager wrote:

    Snaaappp!! ;)

    Read the original post troll and weep if you must
    after first having followed your own advise!! ;)

    Ahahahaha..

    So tell me again why does Bhtee employ a internet trolling
    woman like you Bob, and your myriads of socks that agree
    with your sock posts?

    7, Jan 20, 2015
  7. 7

    MB Guest

    I am sure they would install it to your home tomorrow if you paid them.

    Why are you not asking why the various other telecom and Internet
    providers are not providing fibre to the home?

    MB, Jan 21, 2015
  8. 7

    Rodney Pont Guest

    They are doing, and have been doing so for years, eg;

    http://aa.nu/ethernet.html

    Rodney Pont, Jan 21, 2015
  9. 7

    7 Guest

    Which is great for international competitors laughing their heads off
    at the ridiculous expense you incurred to sit at their table
    even before you made any money.

    And gets even more funny when your dish out your quotes trying
    to massage in those expensive telecom bills into the quotation,
    and still manage to loose those contracts at great expense.

    Ho hum. More business for international competitors.

    7, Jan 21, 2015
  10. 7

    7 Guest

    Everything ok until you notice two zeros are added to the prices
    compared to all the countries running with domestic fiber
    to the building.

    So the question still remains.
    How the *fsck* can Bhtee and its engineers turn up and
    install fiber to a building at the drop of a hat,
    and still managed to not offer
    the same services to regular domestic customers?

    Its best if the fiber provisioning market is deregulated.

    Allow local councils to set up their own fiber to the house
    infrastructure at great profit to them for next 20 years
    lets ssay. All the profits go back
    to the local councils as customers race to fit the
    1Gbit fiber to their houses for a fee of less 100 quid a month.

    7, Jan 21, 2015
  11. I flew out to California recently. I was amused to see all these big
    houses along the waterfront in San Francisco bay, 2ft above the water on
    reclaimed land.

    Oh, and looking at the approach to SFO!

    Andy

    Vir Campestris, Jan 22, 2015
  12. 7

    MB Guest

    No thanks, I would not want to dependent on a service like that provided
    by the council especially if they were given a monopoly!

    MB, Jan 23, 2015
  13. 7

    7 Guest

    Besides there are plenty of good practice examples where this has
    happened and customers get their 100mbit+ ethernet
    for about 50 quid.

    Just copy best practice, deregulate, and let the fireworks begin
    as Local Councils and customers eye each other up for money
    changing hands in exchange for new services.

    What's Bhtee gonna do?

    Run down to the pub, add three zeros to their existing customer bills,
    and scream like little gurlies - waaaa waaaa my moooneeyee my moooneeyee its
    all being gobbled by Local Councils and unfair competition waaa waaaa...

    7, Jan 24, 2015
  14. 7

    MB Guest

    Most (if not all) of which are terrible.

    Dustbin collections being the most obvious.

    Many have been privatised or contracted out so you would probably find
    that they would just contract out to Mickey Mouse Telecoms Ltd to do it
    and try to make a profit and pay the council lots of money.

    MB, Jan 24, 2015
  15. 7

    notyalckram Guest

    Local councils developed and USED to supply utilities and services and in many cases these were monopolies: -

    Telephones - merged into National Telephone Company ~1913 and then taken over by the GPO (*except* Kingston upon Hull and some international co's - e.g. Western Union office in Bristol)

    Gas and Electric - nationalised in ~1948. A few local electric suppliers remained - LT and IIRC Blackpool(for the trams and illuminations).

    Water - divested to water authorities in 1974

    Buses - reorganised in 1974, privatised during the 1980's.

    Housing - largely divested to Housing Associations in the noughties.

    Graveyards & crematoria - many authorities still operate these.

    Bath houses - most closed as private bathrooms became ubiquitous.

    notyalckram, Jan 25, 2015
  16. 7

    MB Guest

    Most a long time ago!

    Buses - they often forced out private companies by having control of the
    issue of the licences. One company started a service from Bolton to
    Manchester in the 1928, he had nineteen licences from Bolton Watch
    Committee but could only get six from Manchester Watch Committee because
    they wanted control over revenue from bus passengers in their area. So
    thirteen of his buses could only carry 'return' passengers from
    Manchester, they could not collect fares.

    I suspect similar scams were run by councils around the country.

    MB, Jan 26, 2015