Fiber connectivity problems between Baystack 450 and Cisco 3500XL

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jose, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Jose

    Jose Guest

    Hi,

    I am able to connect both switches using 100Mb Cu with crossover
    cable, however when I try to utilise a SX fiber connection between
    both devices I receive no comms. When connected using fiber the
    Baystack side indicates that it is transmitting however no data is
    returned. The 3500XL indicates that the hardware is down as well as
    the line protocol. I have swapped out GBIC and fiber cable to check
    for phyical hardware faults.

    I have played with the flow control on the cisco side to no avail.
    What am I missing and what configuration settings do I need on the gig
    port on the cisco switch.

    Thanks for your time.

    jay

    Jose, Apr 18, 2005