    Suggestions?

    System: 3ghz P4, 1gb mem, XP pro.

    Thanks, RP

    rxp, May 5, 2005

  2. rxp

    Doug G Guest

    What versions of Firefox and Netscape are you using?
    Have you installed any themes or extensions?

    If the scroll wheel button works correctly when Firefox is run in Safe
    Mode, a theme or extension may be the culprit.

    Doug G, May 5, 2005

  3. rxp

    rxp Guest

    Thanks for the response.

    I have no theme extensions installed, all I have is the default. I just
    downloaded and installed FF 1.0.3 yesterday and haven't installed any
    extensions. I had Netscape installed but uninstalled it when I had this
    problem and went back to IE. I can't remember the version of Netscape I had
    installed. I like FF and would like to keep using it if I can figure out why
    this is happening. The scroll wheel works fine, FF just ignores how the
    middle button is programmed. When I want to go "Back" in my browser to the
    prior page I like to just press the middle button (faster). Works fine in IE
    but not Mozilla-based browsers. Would like to use FF if I can.

    Thanks, RP

    rxp, May 5, 2005
  4. rxp

    Doug G Guest

    The scroll wheel button on my Logitech mouse is programmed for "Internet
    Back Command" and works with all Mozilla and Netscape browsers I have
    installed (Moz 1.7.7, FF 1.0.3, N7.2 and N8.0).

    I did have trouble scrolling with the scroll wheel in MS Office XP Pro
    apps before I reinstalled an old version of Logitech Mouseware.

    Doug G, May 5, 2005
  5. rxp

    rxp Guest

    I'll take the Logitech mouse off my son's PC and try it.
    Thanks!

    rxp, May 5, 2005
  6. rxp

    rxp Guest

    Yep, works fine with the Logitech mouse.
    So I guess I'll just get one.

    Thanks!

    rxp, May 5, 2005
  7. rxp

    lacunae Guest

    another way around it is to program the button to send an [ALT+LeftArrow]
    keystroke, which will go back a page in ie,mozilla & opera.

    that's what i did on the computers that i have microsoft mice (wireless
    explorers) on -- seems like their driver/software is written in such a way
    that it sends forward/back commands that only IE seems to understand.

    my logitech drivers/software sends forward/back that work fine in all the
    browsers i use. (a couple of cheapo generic mice that i had with
    forward/back buttons had properly working buttons in their software too)

    i guess its a case of what else would u expect from microsoft...

    lacunae, May 6, 2005