FF v0.9 - progress meter while dl?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Galaxy, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    Both IE and Netscape have some sort of progress meter popup box that
    shows you the progress of something dl. I miss that something awful
    in FF because it's disconcerting as I'm wondering if something is dl
    or how along in the process it is.

    Is there something we can switch on in FF to do this? I currently
    have v0.9 but apparently there's a security flaw in 0.9 so I'm
    switching over 0.9.1 which I dl last night.

    Thanks!
     
    Galaxy, Jul 3, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Galaxy

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/3/2004 03:52 PM, Galaxy wrote:
    > Both IE and Netscape have some sort of progress meter popup box that
    > shows you the progress of something dl.


    [[snip]]

    Are you talking about the Download Manager window? Tools >> Options >>
    Downloads >> Download Manager?

    --
    Brian
     
    .BRIAN., Jul 4, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 19:20:17 -0400, ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >On 7/3/2004 03:52 PM, Galaxy wrote:
    >> Both IE and Netscape have some sort of progress meter popup box that
    >> shows you the progress of something dl.

    >
    >[[snip]]
    >
    >Are you talking about the Download Manager window? Tools >> Options >>
    >Downloads >> Download Manager?


    Got it. Thanks!
     
    Galaxy, Jul 4, 2004
    #3
  4. Galaxy

    Wald Guest

    Galaxy <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 19:20:17 -0400, ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    >
    >>On 7/3/2004 03:52 PM, Galaxy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Both IE and Netscape have some sort of progress meter popup box that
    >>> shows you the progress of something dl.

    >>
    >>Are you talking about the Download Manager window?>

    > Got it. Thanks!


    Another neat option is the "Download Statusbar" extension, visualizes your
    downloads in a less obtrusive way:

    http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/

    Regards,
    Wald
     
    Wald, Jul 5, 2004
    #4
  5. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 06:07:13 +0000 (UTC), Wald
    <arnout.standaert@n-o_s-p-a-m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

    >Galaxy <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 19:20:17 -0400, ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 7/3/2004 03:52 PM, Galaxy wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Both IE and Netscape have some sort of progress meter popup box that
    >>>> shows you the progress of something dl.
    >>>
    >>>Are you talking about the Download Manager window?>

    >> Got it. Thanks!

    >
    >Another neat option is the "Download Statusbar" extension, visualizes your
    >downloads in a less obtrusive way:
    >
    >http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/
    >
    >Regards,
    >Wald


    I dl and installed this one. I figured out how to configure this
    extension and now it works just great!

    Thanks for the tip.
     
    Galaxy, Jul 6, 2004
    #5
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. Old Gringo

    FasterFox v0.7.3

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    2,732
    Jim Scott
    Oct 8, 2005
  2. Maurice

    Snappixx v0.50 (with longer exposures) is now out!

    Maurice, Oct 3, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,160
    Maurice
    Oct 3, 2003
  3. Jones

    Anyone knows eMule v0.42g? Problem!

    Jones, May 21, 2004, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    596
    Michael-NC
    May 21, 2004
  4. Dan
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    653
    Leonidas Jones
    Oct 26, 2006
  5. nemo_outis

    Tor v0.1.2.12 Released

    nemo_outis, Mar 20, 2007, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    542
    nemo_outis
    Mar 22, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    PDF Creator v0.9 final

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 27, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,002
    =?Utf-8?B?SVNBIEZvcmVzdGVy?=
    Feb 4, 2006
  7. Dan
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    655
    Canopus
    Jun 26, 2007
  8. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    494
    Doug McIntyre
    Jul 6, 2009
Loading...