FF and Avast

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Big Will, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Big Will

    Big Will Guest

    Hi all. I have Avast 4.6.623 pro edition and FF 1.0.3. I've just
    recently discovered a site at my university cannot properly redirect to
    a login screen when the Webshield provider is enabled in Avast. This
    only occurs when the Webshield is on or when using FF to access the site
    (I haven't checked other moz products (i.e. Netscape, Mozilla suite) but
    it works on Opera and IE). It's as if the provider just freezes for
    some reason (I suspect it might have something to do with going from
    http to https, and Avast isn't properly relaying information, but I'm
    not entirely sure). I've already confirmed this on another PC. Anyway,
    for now I have a keyword bookmark workaround, but does anyone know what
    exactly is causing this problem and if there's a fix for it (or gonna be
    a fix for it soon) in either Avast of FF. It seems to be that both FF
    and Avast are at fault, as it works fine in other browsers and it works
    fine in FF with that part of Avast disabled. The website is
    http://my.ucsc.edu and the redirect is
    https://my.ucsc.edu/psp/epprd/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST.

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Have you submitted it to avast or posted the info in their forum?
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Apr 18, 2005