    http://brycetest.3dart4u.com (Bryce Speed Test)
    =====================
    Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW, Nov 29, 2007

  2. close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continues?

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007

  3. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a
    Folowed your suggestion and FF still has the same problem in safe mode.

    Menno

    TheCroW, Nov 29, 2007
  4. then close the program, click on the windows start button,
    then run and enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test
    profile and see if the problem continues in that.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007
  5. TheCroW

    Nick D. Guest

    This sounds similar to the problem I was having (see thread below) and
    creating a test profile worked to fix mine.

    Peter, when I was comparing the test profile to the original profile I
    noticed there were a couple of thousand cookies.txt files of 0 bytes in the
    original and countless sessionstore.js files, too. I would guess this
    contributed to the freezing.

    Nick D., Nov 29, 2007
  6. ahhh, there's your problem. This is a known problem. It
    usually happens when you have a FF crash. Make sure that the
    original cookies.txt and sessionstore.js files aren't marked
    as read only. If they are fine, then remove [don't delete]
    all the excess files, and see if that works. If everything
    works there, then delete all those extra files. If it still
    doesn't, then try turning off session restore. In the
    address bar type in about:config and look for these entries:

    browser.sessionstore.enabled
    browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash
    browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once

    once found, double click on them and change them to false.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007
  7. also, check to make sure you don't have any *.bak files, or
    *.moztemp files, or something similar. If so, delete them.

    Also, when you delete all these files, do so with the
    program closed.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007
  8. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a

    Well, don't know how or why ... but the new update 2.0.0.11 did solve the
    problem.
    Thanx for all who replied to my prob :)

    Menno

    TheCroW, Dec 1, 2007
  9. TheCroW

    peterwolf Guest

    Is 2.0.0.11 relatively problem free?
    I was going to upgrade to 2.0.0.10 and when I started reading about
    the slow down problems I decided to stick woth 2.0.0.3.
    The one I am running works so well, I dont know if I want to upgrade
    or not. Oftentimes NEW is not always BETTER. Are there any
    advantages to upgrading?

    I'm running Win98se if that matters.

    Thanks
    Pete

    peterwolf, Dec 10, 2007
  10. TheCroW

    Justin Guest

    In the case of Win98 and XP, new is much much much much better.

    Justin, Dec 10, 2007