    http://www.3dart4u.com
    =====================
    Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW, Oct 17, 2005

  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    It improved after uninstalling DELETING all the Firefox folders (save
    your bookmarks first), then reinstalling. Although I still get
    Thunderbird crashing occassionally now.!

    Keith (Southend), Oct 17, 2005

  3. I haven't had any problems with 1.0.7.

    Just to see, Do an uninstall from Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs,
    and then make sure that the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder is
    completely gone. Then reinstall 1.0.7. Its a security update, so it
    shouldn't behave differently then 1.0.6. Also, try starting FF 1.0.7 in
    Safe Mode, to rule out a conflict with an extension.

    You can get 1.0.6, and if it works to your satisfaction, great, but I
    suspect you will find it will have the same problem, pointing to some
    sort of problem with your installation. Here is is though:

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0.6/win32/en-US/

    I'm assuming you want US English. If not, click Parent Directory to
    choose a different localization.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Salut à toi *Leonidas Jones*, tu nous disais ce lundi 17/10/2005 dans
    Do not forget to save your plugin folder !

    Michel Doucet, Oct 17, 2005
  5. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    Firefox 1.06 was (almost) perfect. Firefox 1.07 is crashing a lot
    though. A
    Okay, thanx for the info and tips. Will look into it!!
    And no, no English. I'm from the Netherlands so the Dutch version is the one
    for me ;-)

    Menno

    TheCroW, Oct 17, 2005
  6. Second attempt, crashed again !

    Are there any new drivers in 1.0.7 that are not in 1.0.6 ?

    The error message I get after a 'blue' screen' BAD_POOL_HEADER' message
    (there is another one as well sometimes)

    says...

    <snip>
    Error caused by a device driver

    Thank you for submitting an error report.

    Problem description

    A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however,
    we cannot determine the precise cause. To troubleshoot the problem,
    please see Getting help.
    <snip>

    I ask because I'm trying to pin the last thing that I installed since
    these crashes and I've not installed any new hardware.

    The last thing I installed was Firefox 1.0.7. This may just be a
    coincidence, but I've got to ask the question.

    Many thanks

    Keith (Southend), Oct 17, 2005
  7. That's why I mentioned localizations!

    Using this ftp link, you can find all sorts of historic
    FF/Firebird/Phoenix versions.

    Lee

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005
  8. Its a browser, drivers are not an issue in a browser.

    I've never experienced a problem of this kind, but many others have
    found that Mozilla products are finicky with video/graphics drivers.
    You might start with trying to update drivers for your video card.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005
  9. TheCroW

    gwtc Guest

    just because you're using FF and your computer crashes doesn't mean
    its a FF problem. Windows doesn't play well with other programs. If
    its not an MS program, then it causes all sorts of problems, and
    windows hates taking responsibility for the problem. Instead it
    always puts the blame onto the other program.

    Run Doctor Watson, let windows crash and see what report Watson gives
    you, then report back. Do a search on your hard-drive for Drwatson.exe.

    gwtc, Oct 17, 2005
  10. TheCroW

    gwtc Guest

    also check out the following:
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=BAD_POOL_HEADER
    and
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=googlet&q=BAD_POOL_HEADER&btnG=Search

    gwtc, Oct 17, 2005
  11. That was quick, about 5 seconds to run...

    "No faults detected"

    Thanks

    Keith (Southend), Oct 18, 2005
  12. TheCroW

    Scott Nelson Guest

    I've been using 1.0.7 for quite sometime. No problems at all.

    Scott

    --
    Stop by and visit me on the Web...

    http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
    or
    http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude

    Scott Nelson, Oct 20, 2005
  13. TheCroW

    merlinbiggs Guest

    My FF 1.07 crashes a lot, but less if I turn javascript off.

    merlinbiggs, Oct 24, 2005
  14. schreef:
    Good on ya.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 24, 2005
  15. TheCroW

    Waimon Guest

    Mine crashes some too but no more actually a little less than IE does.
    However I think if firefox let us choose the msjava to load instead of
    sunjava most if not all crashes could be prevented on firefox.

    Waimon, Oct 24, 2005
  16. TheCroW

    vernon Guest

    Same here, except when a router went bad.

    vernon, Oct 24, 2005
  17. I'm sorry to have to disagree with you.

    Even IE doesn't use MS Java Virtual Machine anymore. You can't even
    download it ata the MS site, at least last I looked, though bootleg
    copies are still available from a couple of sources.It was a bad
    version, we are far better off with Sun.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 24, 2005