    Can anyone help with this ?

    I cant get Fedora to run from the CD .

    Peter

    x, Feb 18, 2012

  2. x

    Aragorn Guest

    1) When downloading an .iso file, you must run an md5sum check on it and
    compare the results against the md5sum listed in the checksum file
    for that particular .iso on the website or FTP repository that you
    got the .iso from. If they do not match, then the download may have
    gotten corrupted. You appear to be posting from Microsoft Windows.
    md5sum checking software exists as downloadable freeware for Windows.
    All you need to do is look for it on Google. You might want to try
    one of the Tucows mirrors. They usually carry lots of useful tools
    for Windows.

    2) When burning an .iso file, it is important that you do not burn it
    to a CD or DVD medium the same way as with other data. If you do
    that, then you end up with a CD or DVD with one big .iso file on it.
    An .iso file is an _image_ of a CD/DVD, so you must burn it as "raw",
    so that the end result is a CD/DVD with several directories and files
    on it. Most CD/DVD burning software allows you to burn an .iso image
    directly from within a menu.

    3) Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

    4) You are posting this message to the wrong group. You would have
    gotten more replies if you were to post it to e.g. alt.os.linux or
    comp.os.linux.setup. This group here is specifically for questions
    and issues with regard to networking. ;-)

    Hope this was helpful. ;-)

    Aragorn, Feb 18, 2012