FedEx, I Love You!!! Nikon, I reserve judgment!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 29, 2007.

  1. Even though you woke my dead ass up this morning! I was out like Martin
    Luther King dead to the world sleeping and the freaken doorbell rings. What
    dumb sumbitch could have the balls to come to the door this early on a
    Saturday morning? Could it be the Mormons? Maybe the Born Again
    Christians? I'm thinking it's got to be some holy roller trying to convert
    me or give me a bible. I grabbed my bat ready to whale on someone's ass!
    He's lucky! He had a nice brown box with my D3 in it.

    Yeah BABY! The first thing I did was rip into that box like a welfare
    recipient tears into the envelope on the 1st day of the month. I grabbed
    the battery and charger then plugged er' in! Now I have to wait for the
    charger to do its thing and I'll be RTFM while I wait. Rain; please stop so
    I can test my new baby.

    God, I love these "rental" shops and "Toys R Us" for treating me so damn
    good!

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 29, 2007

  2. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Sosumi Guest

    Congrats, Rita!
    Finally after all this ah, questioning? ;-D
    At least you can shoot some New-year pics. Can't wait to see what you can do
    with this baby. Show us your stuff!
    Hope you are as happy with it, as I am with my D300. I got a grip now, so
    they actually look alike ;-)

    Sosumi, Dec 29, 2007

  3. Thanks! So far so good. It's going to be a sweet camera.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 29, 2007
  4. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    RichA Guest

    All couriers suck. I had (out of 69 shipments from the U.S. this
    year) 2 come from couriers the rest USPS.
    Fedex: Lost, took three weeks to admit it.
    UPS: Delivered to wrong address, kept billing me for 2 months,
    despite 3 phone calls to the morons.
    USPS: No problems with 67 orders.

    RichA, Dec 30, 2007
  5. Must be a local problem with you. I get shipments by FedEx and UPS all the
    time, and have no problems with either. Very fast, very reliable, and
    tracking is almost always excellent. Occasionally the package arrives before
    the tracking info is up, but I don't have much complaint about that. It only
    happens with one or two shippers that are within 200 miles and I can
    anticipate it.

    I get (mostly) smaller stuff via USPS and that's OK too, but their so-called
    tracking is worthless. I like to know in the morning when it's on the truck
    for delivery. I NEVER know with USPS.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Dec 30, 2007
  6. I agree! FedEx and UPS have always been stellar for service. I'm glad the
    rental shop sent the old D3 via FedEx or I'd be waiting till Monday to get
    it.
    I can't stand USPS. Most of the carries in my area are as lazy as cat shit.
    The only way they are getting out of their truck is to go into a fast-food
    joint.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 30, 2007
  7. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Gator Slayer Guest

    Was it a "dick in the box?"

    Gator Slayer, Dec 31, 2007
  8. ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]

    [D3]
    And thus started the tale of horrors, De-Nial (a river in Egypt),
    whine and hue and cry and endless frustrations withg backfocus
    issues, slow and inaccurate AF, non-linear sensors, stuck mirrors
    and non-working Nikon lenses, amidst at least weekly urgent
    firmware updates ...

    Oh, yes, it's gonna be a story of a "sweet" camera and her
    sugar daddy, a comedic tragedy in three acts.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jan 3, 2008