Federal Reserve has printed and handed out nearly $2 trillion of U.S. currency to unknown entities.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fritz Wuehler, Mar 28, 2010.

  1. Last week, the Federal Reserve was ordered to disclose
    documents that specifically identify financial
    institutions that might have collapsed without aid
    from the 2008 bailout program.

    The order, issued by the U.S. Court of Appeals in
    Manhattan, marks a new development in the ongoing
    legal battle between Bloomberg and the Federal
    Reserve. This ruling upheld a previous order from
    August 2009 that ordered that the information be
    released.

    This unusual legal struggle began on November 7, 2008
    when Bloomberg filed a lawsuit under the Freedom of
    Information act against the Federal Reserve Board of
    Governors, demanding that the Fed release the names of
    private financial institutions that received public
    bailout money.

    Of course, the Federal Reserve has long claimed that
    is a transparent agency and that it has nothing to
    hide. However, when confronted with this request for
    information regarding the recipients of the financial
    aid, the Federal Reserve immediately recoiled and
    began making statements about how such disclosure
    would do “irreparable harm” to the financial
    institutions that needed the Fed’s emergency loans
    during the biggest government bailout in U.S. history.

    As it became clear that the information would have to
    be released to the public, the Fed began issuing
    threats that revealing such information would endanger
    the entire economic order of the United States.
    Additionally, the Fed claimed that its functions
    should be vigilantly shielded from public and
    political scrutiny to avoid the institution from being
    rendered impotent in its monetary policy efforts.

    While there may be some validity that politicizing
    monetary policies may not be a positive development,
    the Federal Reserve appears to be forgetting one very
    important point. The money that they print and
    secretly hand out to whomever they deem worthy is not
    theirs. It belongs to the people. This money is the
    people’s money. And the money that the Federal Reserve
    lends out must be paid back, not by the Fed, but
    rather by the American people. With the recent
    bailout, the Federal Reserve has printed and handed
    out nearly $2 trillion of U.S. currency to unknown
    entities. And the bill for these loans has been sent
    to the American people – plus interest –

    the rest of the story -
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Jerry/robinson100.htm

    Fritz Wuehler, Mar 28, 2010

  2. Fritz Wuehler

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Fritz Wuehler Post:
    Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

    OldGringo38, Mar 28, 2010

  3. Fritz Wuehler

    philo Guest

    I got $1000 of it... now for the other person to step forward and let us
    know where the rest of it went

    philo, Mar 28, 2010
  4. Fritz Wuehler

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    Sure would be nice to know wouldn't it. If it should ever get paid
    back with interest our troubles will be over for sure. :)

    OldGringo38, Mar 28, 2010
  5. Fritz Wuehler

    philo Guest

    I'm always paid back with "lack of interest"!

    philo, Mar 28, 2010
  6. Fritz Wuehler

    Mike Yetto Guest

    I'm not sure what your question is, but if you format your hard
    drive and restore your BIOS the money may reappear.

    Mike "but it will be fragmented" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Mar 28, 2010