Features in OE that aren't in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Dale, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Dale

    Dale Guest

    For some time now I have been using Thunderbird as my email client. It has
    many advantages over OE especially in backing up. I have found it far easier
    and reliable to back up in Thunderbird. Currently I use Mozbackup.. Great
    little tool!
    Thunderbird is cleaner and lighter... need I say more!

    However, there are two features in OE that I have come to miss;

    Firstly, when reading newsgroups I prefer to view them using the preview
    pane but loath using the preview pane while reading emails. In OE you can
    use both alternatives but Thunderbird makes a global change. Is there a way
    to change this?

    Secondly, in my line of work I save all sent and received emails in the
    required job correspondence folder on the server for other people to refer
    to. In OE you could do this at the end of the day by dragging and dropping
    in to the correct folder in Explorer. The advantage of this, over saving
    through File-> Saveas, is that the sent time and date becomes the modified
    time and date in Explorer and you can do more than one at a time. This can
    help in finding correspondence down the
    track.
    Using Thunderbird, I cannot do this. The best I can do is sort them into
    folders in Thunderbird but then others on the network cannot refer to the
    emails in the long run.
    Dragging and dropping into Explorer is also a quick way to backup emails
    only.

    Is there a way to make Thunderbird do this?

    Any suggestions....

    Thanks,
    Dale

    Dale, Apr 5, 2005