    My first impression would be a faulty drive /
    I`m not sure if the write protection can be removed.

    Thankyou / all

    Ged, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Ged schrieb am 09.10.2003 16:17:
    As far as I know, DOS 6 handles Disks only up to 2 GB. And I never saw a
    write protected (by hardware) hard drive.

    Werner Flamme, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Ged

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Ged

    John Guest

    If your using dos 6.0 or above then the fdisk util
    on there should be ok
    As for the write protect message ur drive is bad
    Bin it and get a new one.

    John, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Ged

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you disabled virus detection in the BIOS?

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Ged

    Dead_Dad Guest

    I put a write protect switch on my backup drive way back when (It was a 40MB
    MFM ANAICR - that should tell you how long ago it was <G>). I just snipped
    one of the data wires (I forget which one), hooked up a microtoggle across
    the gap, and mounted it on the back of the case next to the reset button.

    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    Dead_Dad, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Harrison,

    I did some checking on Google and I seem to have found an answer to your
    problem. I think the answer lies in the post I found on the web at:
    http://mall.eyo.com.au/tech-forum/posts/394736.html It explains that you
    have to set the jumper on your hardrive to CS (Cable Select) and use the
    last plug on your IDE cable (the blue one) to connect your harddrive to the
    MB (Mother Board). I hope you can understand the post, if not let me know
    and I'll see what else I can do. Good luck!

    Ciao,

    Elmo

    Jeroen Bakker, Oct 10, 2003